Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Homemade baby food!

So, my friend Suzanne came up with this "great" idea a couple of weeks ago...we could each make homemade baby food and trade. She has a little boy that is only a couple of weeks older than Kaitlyn. My job is green beans and carrots, and she will be making peas and sweet potatoes. It was a rainy day here in Bardstown today, so I thought I would go ahead and get my food ready and put it in the freezer. If she had not put me up to this, I would have quit earlier in the day!! I've got it figured out now, and it will be much easier next time though :)
Cooking the Beans and carrots...the easy part!
I gave Michael some crayons and a coloring book to keep him occupied...it later turned into playdoh, which he and Samson both tried to eat!
My little food chopper was not "cutting it" so I had to resort to my magic bullet, which did the trick. I later heard giggling from Mr. Michael. I turned around and saw that he took some of the packaging from the bullet and thought it would be funny to put it around his sister's head!

Poor Kaitlyn!
My kitchen was nice and tidy before the day began...this was after! Since I saved lots of money today, I think I need a shopping spree!

4 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

That's one snazzy looking trivet on your stove!! Someone special must have made that for you....

Tony & Jaimie said...

that is a good idea to swap the foods :) and i'm totally the same, look at me i saved money, now lets go shopping OR i just ran 5 miles, now lets go eat chocolate cake!

jz

Mike and Molly Spivey said...

yay for making babyfood! I loved doing it for the boys. I am actually making a stash for a friend to have.

Check out wholesomebabyfood.com - that is where I got all my recipies.

JM said...

I've always used my blender for making baby food. I think it has contributed to my kids eating more variety of food now.